So we started with the muffins …
Delicious! (Note the little hands!!!)
To make blueberry muffins – makes around 16.
500g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp custard powder
250 g caster sugar
185 g fresh blueberries
185ml sunflower oil
butter to grease tins or paper cases
icing sugar to dust
1) Preheat oven to 190 C / 375 F. Grease muffin tins with butter, or set muffin paper cases into tin.
2)Sift flour, baking powder & custard powder into large bowl. Add sugar and then blueberries.
3) In separate bowl mix eggs, milk & sunflower oil.
4)Make a well in the dry ingredients, add milk mixture and combine, but do not over mix.
5) Spoon batter into muffin tins/paper cases and bake for 20 mins until golden and springy.
6) Sift icing sugar on top when cooled.
And we finished with the “saft” (juice) …
Ready to drink!
To make “saft” – You need around 3 cups of sugar per litre of “saft”.
1) Rinse berries, put in saucepan with around 4 cups of boiling water, then let simmer with lid on for 10 mins.
2)Squeeze berry mixture against side of a fabric sieve, letting drip into a large bowl. Leave to drip for 30 mins.
3)Measure saft liquid, and add appropriate amount of sugar into large saucepan. Put onto cooker, and boil until sugar dissolves.
4) Take off cooker and pour into clean bottles.
5) Leave to cool.