We still have plenty of apples left on our trees…
…so we had some apple fun…
…printing with apples, and finding their ‘stars’…
…making new colours…
…and even, as Alfie pointed out, finding their ‘roots’…
So then it was time to try our hand at ‘Apple Cobbler’ – a surprisingly easy recipe to make!
2 lemon slices
15g baking powder
1) Peel, core and chop apples.
2) Put apples in pan with a drop of water and two lemon slices, and cook until soft on low heat.
3) Put butter and flour in to bowl and crumble together, add sugar, and milk…
4) Make in to a soft dough, which must then be rolled out on a floured surface…
5) Take apple mixture off heat, remove lemon slices, stir in sugar, and pour in to a deep pie dish.
6) Cut 6cm circular (or in our case, squared!) shapes from the dough, and place overlapping eachother over the top of the apple mixture.
7) Place in oven at 180C for 30 mins….
We ate ours with ice-cream – delicious! 🙂