3 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1) Mix 1 cup flour, salt and honey in a bowl.
2) Warm the milk (luke warm) in pan and ‘dissolve’ yeast for about ten minutes (away from heat), then add softened butter and mix.
3) Add butter/milk mixture to flour mixture, add two eggs, plus another cup of flour and mix well…
4) Continue to add rest of flour gradually, mixing well…
5) When dough stretchy, but not too sticky, knead for ten minutes in a ball.
6) Put in an oiled bowl (smooth oil over dough) and cover with a damp cloth, in a warm place for one hour.
7) Punch air out of dough, separate into two balls on floured surface and cover for ten minutes.
8) Stretch and roll each piece of dough in to a long ‘rope’….
9) Plait and join together, set in remaining eggs (previously dyed if liked but not boiled) carefully snuggled in to the dough, so as they will not pop out of the dough in the oven, and brush with melted butter.
10) Preheat oven at 175 C, while leaving dough to rise again for 45 minutes.
11) Bake in greased tray for 50 – 55 minutes….
12) Eat for breakfast on Easter morning! 😊